Job templates are one of the most important time-saving methods available for HR specialists. To create job templates in TalentLyft you need to save them as jobs in Draft status and Clone them whenever you need to use the template.
This means that job templates in TalentLyft don't store the descriptions only, but also the entire Job details, Application form, and Evaluation plan. This means that, by using templates, you will be saving time at every step of the job creation process.
Creating a job Template
To create a template, we need to create a new job and save it in Draft status.
1. Click on the Create a new job button.
2. Enter the Basic information about the job. Our suggestion is to add a keyword "Template" to its name so that you can find it easily when you need to use it (example: Java Developer - Template). Remember that this is just a template and you will be able to change this information for each job that you create from it.
3. Add the job description into the About the position field. If you don't have a job description ready in a document or another system, you can write it from scratch, but if you do, just copy and paste it from there. Before you continue, make sure that you check the text formatting if you have copied the description.
4. If you intend to post the jobs that you create from this template to the integrated job boards, add the Additional information for Job Boards. It will help you to get a better reach and more applicants through the integrated job boards.
5. It is very important to always populate Meta descriptions for SEO. If you leave it empty, the meta title and meta description will be created automatically from the job title, and your job title may contain a keyword like "Template" to differentiate it from regular jobs. Whenever you create a job out of this template, the meta title and meta description will be cloned from the template, and we don't want to end up with "Template" keyword in the metadata of a real job.
You can use the following text for the metadata:
Meta title: Customer Service Representative - TalentLyft (replace "Customer Service Representative" with your job title and "TalentLyft" with your company name)
Meta description: TalentLyft is looking for a Customer Service Representative (replace "Customer Service Representative" with your job title and "TalentLyft" with your company name)
If you intend to always use the same Share image for the jobs created from this template, then we would strongly recommend uploading the image as well.
6. Click the Create job button. Your template is now created as a job in Draft status.
NOTE: If you don't want to set up the application form nor evaluation plan for this template, you can skip ahead to step 9.
7. Set up your application form questions for this job in the Application form tab and click on the Save form button. When you create a job from this template, all your application form questions (including the screening questions) will be cloned from it, saving you a lot of time.
NOTE: If you don't want to add the evaluation plan to your template, you can skip ahead to step 9.
8. Evaluation plan - If the same scorecards and online assessments should be used on all jobs created from this template, add them here to save even more time when creating new jobs. You don't need to save changes here, they are automatically saved when you add or remove scorecards and assessments.
9. Your Job template is now done and ready to use. The Promote tab is never used on templates because you only want to promote the jobs that you create from templates, not the templates themselves. You can now go back to the dashboard by clicking on Track in the main navigation.
Using a job template
You have created your template and you want to use it.
1. To find your template, click on the dropdown arrow next to the label Active and add the Draft status to your dashboard view.
If you added the "Template" keyword to your template title, type it into the job search to narrow it down.
2. When you find your template, click on the more options icon (…) and select the Clone option.
3. You have now created a job out of your template. The Job details window will open and you will see that the job has the word "(copy)" in the Job title which needs to be removed. Also, remove the "Template" keyword from the title if it was added previously.
If the job title, location, share image, or some other information needs to be modified, do it now.
4. Double-check that all information is correct before publishing the job. Overlooking a section like Meta descriptions for SEO during this step could result in an inaccurate job title or image when the job is shared on social networks.
5. After you made sure that all information is correct, proceed to the Promote tab and Publish the job.