Since May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is in effect, reviewing how personal data of EU citizens is being collected and shared.
This article describes how to set up your GDPR compliance policy in TalentLyft.
To set up your account to be GDPR compliant, click on your avatar icon and go to App settings.
On the left side of your screen, click on Compliance and a new window will open. Move the slider to enable GDPR settings.
In TalentLyft, you can edit the following GDPR settings:
- Data protection officer contact email - Email where candidates can send inquiries regarding their data privacy concerns.
- Retention period - When applying to your job openings, your candidates will be able to give consent for you to keep their data during this period. Maximum Retention period which can be set is 60 months.
- Inactivity retention period - Define how long, after the last action (last communication or change of stage within the hiring pipeline) do you want to keep data for candidates who haven't given consent. This also applies for sourced candidates until they give you consent.
Example when the checkbox is ticked:
Example when the checkbox is left unticked:
- Require share compliance – Ask your candidates to give consent for you to share their information with other companies you are working with.
- Manually delete candidates – Candidates can delete their information from your database. They can do that through their candidate portal. Tick this option to manually delete candidates from your database, after their request to be deleted.