Sourcing candidates is a very time-consuming method to acquire candidates, but it is also very rewarding. To get the best candidates, you need to reach out to them. While you still need to use your own knowledge to browse candidates and screen profiles, we have created TalentLyft Hire Extension to help you with importing them to your TalentLyft account.
TalentLyft Hire Extension is a Google Chrome plugin that makes your sourcing fast and simple by allowing you to directly import candidate profiles from the most popular online networks like:
- Codeproject and
To use TalentLyft Hire Extension, you need to have a TalentLyft account and add the extension to your Google Chrome web browser.
You can find the extension in the Google Chrome web store or click on the Add to Chrome button, located in the Source module of TalentLyft.
After you have successfully added the extension to your Google Chrome browser, an icon will appear to the right of your Address bar in the browser. This is the TalentLyft Hire Extension icon and it is now a part of your Chrome browser.
Sourcing candidates with the extension
To start sourcing candidates using the TalentLyft Chrome extension, you need to know how to start it and log in to your TalentLyft account.
- Open a candidate profile on one of the supported networks mentioned above.
- The plugin will display the information which it gathered from the profile on the right-hand side of your screen
- Upon detecting a candidate's profile, the plugin might open itself automatically. If it doesn't, click on the extension icon in the upper right corner of your browser to start it.
- Click on the Sign in button to sign in to your TalentLyft account.
- A login screen will appear where you need to enter your authentication data and sign in.
- If requested, give the plugin required permissions by clicking the Allow button.
- To import this candidate into your TalentLyft account, just select the company and the job you want to add this candidate to and click on the Source candidate button at the bottom.
- When you successfully import a candidate to your TalentLyft account, the plugin part of your screen will turn green and a message saying Candidate Created will appear.
To continue sourcing candidates, click on Candidate created message and it will disappear, enabling you to load other profiles.
The sourced profiles are now added as applications to the Sourced stage of the job you have previously selected where you can manage them according to your hiring process.