Assign tasks to improve communication between users when screening candidate applications. You can assign tasks to yourself or to your colleagues that use TalentLyft. Assign tasks to other users if you want them to send an email, call or evaluate candidates and applications. There is also the todo type that is used for activities that are not mentioned before. Every task has its own deadline and until that date a task needs to be completed.
To assign a task, click on the stage where the candidate application you wish to interact with is located.
From the list of applications in that stage, click on the one you wish to add a task to.
Click on the Activities tab and select the Assign a task option (the notepad icon).
There are also other candidate activity options that you can choose to interact with candidate applications:
When assigning a task, enter the following information:
- What needs to be done? - Here you can write down the purpose of this task. It can be used as a headline for this task.
- Assigned to - Select the person to assign this task to.
- Notes - You can write in more detail, what needs to be done in the task, or you can leave additional information that you consider important to the person you will be assigning the task to.
- Due date - A deadline for this task. Indicating by when you want this task to be completed.
- Task type - Select the type of the task. The available options are: todo, call, email and evaluation
- Set reminder - Set a reminder for the created task.
After the task is created, it will show up on that candidate's activity feed.
You can view tasks created by you or that are assigned to you, in Tasks. The task icon is located in the upper right corner of your main dashboard.