As a part of it's recruitment marketing features, TalentLyft provides native integration with GTM.
Purpose of this article is to teach you how to install GTM on your TalentLyft careers page. To learn more about GTM, I suggest you visit Google's support page. Before you decide on installing this tool, I recommend you check what Google has to say in its Considerations before you install article. If you decide to proceed with the installation, full installation guide can be found here, but I will describe the steps required for installation below.
- Go to tagmanager.google.com.
- If you don't have an existing account, create a new one by clicking on Create Account button.
- Populate Account Name and Country fields, and click Continue button.
- Setup your container by entering descriptive container name and selecting the type of content (for TalentLyft careers page this should be Web). When you're done, click Create button.
- Review the Terms of Service and Data Processing Terms, tick the ceckbox at the end of the text and click Yes in the top right corner if you agree to those terms.
- Google Tag Manager snippet will appear, but you don't need to copy it, you can close this window by clicking OK button.
- In the GTM dashboard, you will see a code which starts with "GTM-". Copy this code.
- Open your TalentLyft app.
- Go to Profile - Integrations.
- Click on Google Tag Manager Settings and paste the code you previously copied.
- Click Save and you are ready to set up tags on your careers page!
Keep in mind that GTM is not an analytics tool. You should use it with Google Analytics or a similar tool to reap the real benefits. In Analytics, you will be able to see reports and make conclusions, all based on your tag configuration in GTM. That being said, these are the two huge benefits which GTM provides:
- Manage all your tags, triggers and variables in one place, which makes your recruitment marketing analysis much simpler, faster and more effective.
- Recruitment marketers can manage code on the careers page on their own, no need to call developers for help!